Valedictorian and Awards
The Campus Valedictorian of the graduating class is the student with the highest CGPA. She/he represents the graduating class by delivering a 3 to 5-minute speech during the Commencement Exercises.
Upon graduation, degrees are awarded with:
- Honors: Cumulative GPA in the range of 3.20 - 3.49
- Distinction: Cumulative GPA in the range of 3.50 - 3.79
- High Distinction: Cumulative GPA in the range of 3.80 - 4.00
Every year, awards are distributed to exceptional graduating students. Recipients of each award receive a certificate and a monetary compensation.
The awards are:
- President’s Award: An award given to one graduating High-Distinction student from each school, except medical students, who is graduating with a BA, BS, BE or PharmD, and who demonstrated a high caliber leadership traits.
- Charbel Khairallah Endowed Award of Excellence in Engineering: This award will be yearly offered to a top engineering student in Byblos campus in memory of late engineering student Charbel Khairallah.
- Rhoda Orme Award: This award is presented to one female graduating student per campus, who shows dedication and service to others.
- Riyad Nassar Leadership Award: This award is presented to one graduating student per campus, who spent at least one academic year at LAU, based on good academic standing and exemplary leadership skills.
- Torch Award: This award is presented to one graduating student, per campus, per school, who shows great leadership and service spirit.