Valedictorian and Awards
The Campus Valedictorian of the graduating class is the student with the highest CGPA. She/he shall represent the graduating class by presenting a 3 to 5-minute speech during the Commencement Exercises.
Every year during Commencement Exercises, awards are distributed to students, including:
- President’s Award: An award given to one graduating High Distinction student from each School, except medical students, who is graduating with a BA, BS, BE or PharmD, and who demonstrated a high caliber leadership traits. The winner of the award shall receive a certificate and a monetary value of $1000. Qualified students will receive an email from the Dean of Students.
- Charbel Khairallah Endowed Award of Excellence in Engineering: This award will be yearly offered to a top engineering student in Byblos campus in memory of late engineering student Charbel Khairallah.
The winner of the award shall receive a certificate and a monetary value of $1000
- Rhoda Orme Award: The Rhoda Orme Award is presented to one graduating female student per campus who shows dedication and service to others.
- Riyad Nassar Leadership Award: An award is given to two students, one from each campus, based on good academic standing (CGP of 3.0 and above) and exemplary leadership skills, and who spent at least one academic year at LAU.
- Torch award: An award is given per campus by each School to a graduating student who shows high leadership and service spirit.
Degrees are awarded with:
- Honors: Cumulative GPA in the range of 3.20 - 3.49
- Distinction: Cumulative GPA in the range of 3.50 - 3.79
- High Distinction: Cumulative GPA in the range of 3.80 - 4.00