Parents, friends, and guests need to present the invitation card to enter the campus.
- Children under 12 years old are not allowed on campus.
- Balloons, horns, fire crackers are not allowed on campus.
- Seats are available on a first come first served basis. No seat reservation is allowed.
Learn more about parking, transportation and maps by choosing your campus below:
Parking for family and friends
Gates for parents and friends open from 6:00 until 7:55 p.m.
Please be sure to inform your parents and friends of the special security measures taking place, and corresponding delays, and ask them to come early.
Public parking space for families and friends, with shuttle bus transportation to the gates (when needed) are available in the following order on first-come first served basis at:
- The upper parking space (from the upper gate and up) starting the students’ Frem parking and filling it downwards; walking distance to commencements through the stairs between Architecture and Tohme Rizk buildings these cars (260 cars) shall exit the campus driving up next to the Engineering labs, then down and making a right toward the Nakouzi RH near the old location of Café Younis.
- The Church Parking next to upper gate (Walking distance to Commencements).
- Road parking from the lower gate around the curve and inside the not-asphalted parking at the corner.
- Old Zakhem parking. (Left side parking going up to lower gate) (180 cars). The exit is straight down the main road. (Bus shuttle is available to bring the guests up to the Commencement Area).
- LAU parking facing Zakhem parking. (Right side parking going up to lower gate) (200 cars). The exit is straight down the main road. (Bus shuttle is available to bring the guests up to the Commencement Area).
- Main Road below Malik’s bookshop. . (Bus shuttle is available to bring the guests up to the Commencement Area).
- Dorms parking behind Malik’s bookshop. . (Bus shuttle is available to bring the guests up to the Commencement Area).
- Left side of road from Malik to Abou Joseph. . (Bus shuttle is available to bring the guests up to the Commencement Area).
Parking for LAU guests
- LAU guests can park at the top level of the UG parking entering it from the ramp at the Medical School Entrance and leaving the same way (75 cars). Drop off at the East side elevator with the help of an usher to the Commencement area. Additional cars park available outside the road leading to Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury Medical School gate.
There will be NO parking in the following areas:
- Roads to campus.
- Next to the site Offices above Block A.
- Road leading to the Church.
- Main road above site offices.
- Main road alongside Block B.
- Excavated area above Block A (the Mechref site).
- Next to Block A (reserved for Red Cross and Civil Defence vehicles).
Guests or parents are allowed in the Frem area or surroundings of the campus only after the exercises are completed.
Restrooms for the public are available in the Zakhem Engineering Building, as well in the Science Building (4th floor).
The lower gate will be open for guests from 5:00 until 7:20 p.m.
Restrooms for the public are available in Irwin Building, Faculty Lounge restroom.
Parking for faculty, staff and students
Parking for students
Every student who is using her/his personal car must pick a special one day parking permit for the underground parking from the Office of the Dean of Students.
Parking is available on a first-come first-served basis in the following locations in the following order starting 3:00 pm. Please abide by the directions provided by our Protection Team.
- Entering through the Medical gate and parking in the lower four levels of the new Underground Parking (about 470 cars). These cars would exit through the Medical gate and upper gate.
N.B. If you are arriving with your parents later on, you will be guided to any available parking spot otherwise you all must use the Bus transportation to the gates.
Parking for faculty and staff
- Faculty and staff will park in the Science parking and exit the same way.
- The Underground parking under Block A and Block B are reserved for the staff members from facilities and protection as well as staff ushers. The exit is straight down the main road.
- Overflow of late arrivals are requested to seek the support of the Protection Team.
- The Science Building parking is assigned to faculty members and some guests. The exit is straight down the main road.
The underground parking is assigned to all faculty and staff helping in the commencement.